Are you employed at Home Depot who is pursuing any educational program side by side or is about to enroll for any educational course? Are you aware of the tuition reimbursement program that the company has introduced for its part-time, or full-time, or salaried employees that’s designation outside the company is of a student? If you are aware and looking for more details and even if you are not aware and seeking for some beneficial programs laid by the company for its student employees, then this article is about to explain all those questions of yours.
Home Depot employs people of different age groups and recruits people for different types of jobs in the company. For the welfare of its employees that are students, the company has come up with a program commonly known as Home Depot Tuition Reimbursement Program. It is like a tuition assistant for you if you are a student which is an investment in you, which is more like a scholarship for students. As you are working as an employee for the company, you get the benefits of being a part of the company.
The program brings benefits to its full time as well as part-time working associates who are studying or preparing to enroll in some college/ university or any kind of technical course to obtain a bachelor’s degree, or a master’s degree, or some sort of diploma or certificate in the technical field. It is easy to manage to work at Home Depot and attend college as well if you are capable enough to schedule two things together. The company is continuously working to be the company of employee’s choice, which brings it to come up with a home depot tuition reimbursement program. The company has collaborated with many leading colleges as well as Universities so that they employ, designated as a student who is planning to enroll in any of those colleges can pursue a course of their choice at a lower rate or a discount. To obtain profit from this program introduced by Home Depot to its employees, certain eligibility criteria need to be fulfilled by the employee.
Home Depot Tuition Reimbursement Program Eligibility Criteria
The employees at Home Depot can choose the different programs provided by the company if they qualify for certain eligibility criteria. The company introduces these programs for its employees to make sure that the employees are happy and satisfied with the benefits of working at Home Depot. The company has come up with a Home Depot tuition reimbursement program for its employees which works as a scholarship for the associates who qualify its eligibility criteria. The employees of home depot should meet the following criteria to be eligible for this program.
- The Program is open for the employees who are to enroll in some college/ University or some technical course to obtain a bachelor’s degree or master’s degree, doctoral degree, or a diploma in the technical course or some sort of certificate in the technical field.
- The employee should have completed 90 working days with the company to apply for this program.
- The employee applying for the program should submit books, fees charges, grades, etc to prove their enrollment in a certain degree/ diploma/ certificate program.
- The tuition assistance under this program continues only till the person is working with or for the Home Depot Company. The tuition reimbursement provided by the company is disabled once the employee drops out of the educational course they are enrolling in or of the company.
Benefits Of Tuition Reimbursement Program:
The program is provided by Home Depot to its employees so more and more people are interested to work with the company and the company attains the position of number one choice by the people among its category. There are several benefits under this program for its eligible candidates. A few of those benefits are listed below:
- The company provides different tuition assistance to different types of employees. The yearly tuition assistance by the company is $3000 for part-timers, $2,500 for employee’s immediate family members, and $6000 for salaried full-time employees of the company.
- This program is available for students and so financial aid is provided to students to pursue courses of their choice.
- This encourages employees to work with all their potential and with a good motive for the company which benefits the employee as well as the company.
The Home Depot tuition reimbursement program is adopted by the company to encourage the employees that are designated as students outside the company to join Home Depot and make it employees’ number one choice. Also, this program is to help students financially to pursue the course of their choice in the colleges and universities of their choice. Also, the company has collaborated with many colleges/Universities to provide discounts to its students eligible for this program.